This past week my school had both Thursday and Friday off, which was such a blessing for me. I love school, but it is always nice to have a break. Lately my mom has been dealing with a lot of medical stuff and needless to say I have been stressed out from it! I know I shouldn't stress about it because it has nothing to deal with me and my body and my mom is alright, but I worry about her. I mean after all she is and always will be a huge part of my life.
Anyways I decided Wednesday morning at 10 to drive back to San Diego. I couldn't handle being away anymore, even though my parents told me I couldn't come. Sometimes you just have to disobey right? Well I thought it was a good idea. So I told my friend, Camille, that I was going and she said I am coming with you and we left for San Diego that day around four.
We were able to stay at her uncle's house in St. George that night so we didn't have to drive all the way, which was such a blessing! Then we drove the rest of the way to San Diego Thursday morning.
Keep in mind my parents still had no idea that I was coming. So when we arrived on my doorstep with flowers for my mom they were all shocked! It was great!
My mom's first words to me when she opened the door "Oh you little Terd!"
Brett was half asleep when I first talked to him because he came home early from school due to a migraine, but when he was awake his first words were "It wasn't a dream"! He also had a huge smile on his face!
My dad's first words were "What are you doing here?!" Haha I loved it!~
Anyways so we got there and my family I think loved having me home. They were very very nice to Camille and I and paid for a lot of things while we were down there including tickets and a pass for me to SeaWorld (One of my favorite places!)
We had a ton of fun and it was one of Camille's first times in San Diego that she could remember! We went to the San Diego temple, the beach, Sea World, and to a couple of the local food places like In-N-Out and Pat& Oscars! Yummy!
Overall I had a great time and really don't want to be back here at school, but I am so grateful for the blessing of family and that they didn't kill me for coming and visiting with a friend without telling them!
1 comment:
What a wonderful surprise! How could they kill you? You know they loved it!!
Post a Comment